Grab your workout buddy and get ready for some hard work and good fun. Today’s format includes two circuits of exercises. Each circuit includes two exercises with a partner. So, gather medium and heavy dumbbells, risers and a step, and a mat.
Equipment: medium and heavy dumbells, a step and risers, and a mat.
Timer: I use ‘Interval Timer-HIIT Workouts’ by Deltaworks ($2.99) available in the iOS App Store. Worth every penny.
Timing: Since we’re stacking the exercises, timing goes like this:
- Perform exercise one for 30 seconds. Take a 30 second break.
- Perform exercise one for 30 seconds, immediately switch exercise two for 30 seconds. Take a 30 second break.
- Perform exercise one for 30 seconds, exercise two for 30 seconds, immediately switch exercise three for 30 seconds. Take a 30 second break.
- Keep stacking exercises until you complete exercise 6.
- Take a one minute break.
- Finally, reverse the stacking order WITHOUT BREAKS.
- Start with exercise six, immediately switch to exercise five, then four, etc. until you complete exercise one.
That’s circuit one. It should take you about 20 minutes. It goes fast.
Take a two minute break then begin circuit 2.
After you finish the second circuit finish the workout with some ab work.
Remember, teamwork so encourage each other. Good luck!
- Cardio – Partner’s choice (jumping jacks, running in place, burpees, etc., mix it up!)
- Push Press (shoulders, legs)
- Deadlift to bicep curls (core, lower back, arms)
- Partner Push Ups (whole body)
- Bicycle Crunches (abs)
- V-ups (cardio, core)
- Cardio – Partner’s choice
- Renegade Row
- Glute Bridge to chest fly
- Pass the Medicine Ball – stand back-to-back with partner
- Marching Hip Raise
- Forearm Side Plank (L/R) (progression: arm and leg extension)
Timing: 20 seconds work / 10 seconds rest between exercises
- Pilates toe touches (R/L)
- Boat Pose (R/L)
- Leg lift w/fingertip touch
- Yoga Locust hold